Convert a chest freezer into a super-efficient low-cost refrigerator. A step by step guide. This video shows how we converted a Midea 3.5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer into a refrigerator that runs completely off solar power. You don’t need a freezer to fridge conversion kit. This freezer to fridge conversion is perfect for RVs, tiny houses, boats, off-grid living, and for anyone who wants to reduce their impact on the environment.
Products featured in the video:
1. Midea 3.5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer, WHS-129C1: https://amzn.to/2wZQvYm
2. A19AAT Type Cooling Thermostat for Portable Applications: https://amzn.to/2wXKP0L
3. Butyl Seal Tape (Putty Tape): https://amzn.to/2x2RG9q
4. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel: https://amzn.to/2CyySEH
5. Cobra CPI 880 800 Watt 12 Volt DC to 120 Volt AC Power Inverter: https://amzn.to/2CxAn6n
6. Helioptrope PV HPV-22B Solar Charge Controller: this item is no longer available, the SolarEpic 40A MPPT Solar Charge Controller is well rated and would be a good choice for a solar array up to 520 watts: https://amzn.to/2oVLgVU
By clicking the links and purchasing an item you will be supporting us. We thank you.
See our article on this freezer to fridge conversion at https://www.rv-boondocking-adventure.com/freezer-to-fridge-conversion.html. For more information on setting up a solar panel charging system, see our article https://www.rv-boondocking-adventure.com/rv-solar-panels.html. Visit us at https://www.rv-boondocking-adventure.com for more tips on RVing, RV boondocking, and off-grid living.